Tuesday, October 20, 2015

What's In A Name...

White Sage by S. Varga   2015
"That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet."
-William Shakespeare

It began in 1998 with my first farm to face company.
Lillly's Essential Products blossomed from a small plot of land and a renovated mudroom. The first product came to me while driving across the Berkshires.  I remember opening the glove box and grabbing a scrap piece of paper and writing:
Evening Primrose Oil
Lavender
Rose
I heard these words whispered as I rode along absorbing the scenery.
Blue Pearl has been a bestseller ever since.

Fast forward 13 years...after a career pioneering Oncology Massage my heart broken from another loss my husband asked - "if you could do anything right now, what would it be?".
Aromatic Traditions™ was born in that moment.
My passion for aromatics and need for a tradition of self-care rooted in Mother Earth birthed a brand dedicated to the beauty way. To walk in balance with all things. 

Today may I walk out in beauty.

With beauty may I walk.
With beauty before me, may I walk.
With beauty behind me, may I walk.
With beauty above me, may I walk.
With beauty below me, may I walk.
With beauty around me, may I walk.
It is finished in beauty.
-Navajo Beauty Way prayer

7 comments:

  1. Thank you Kayla. Heard great words about you at EW IBN tour last week. You are missed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very lovely prayer and lesson.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. A great one to repeat and use as a personal blessing. You can almost always feel it surround you.

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing your story. Very powerful!

    ReplyDelete